« Home | So my radio crapped out awhile ago, probably at le... » | Sonics Dance Team: Click on Tricia; Last night... » | So, by now you have probably heard that Nintendo's... » | "2 + 2 = 5 for large values of 2.", why do I find ... » | Penny Arcade!: By far, the best description of t... » | In response to my away message: "Why do all girls... » | Woohoo, go Markko! He only one a single stage of ... » | Setting: A Gameworks or some sort of gaming faci... » | So the first inline hockey game was yesterday! L... » | New Scientist: Does anyone else find it completely... »

Consumerist Whore: So awhile back, I sold my GameCube, memory card, Metroid Prime (wanted to write "Metroit Prime", too much time spent in the Motor City, I guess), Super Mario Sunshine and Prince of Persia to GameStop for a whopping $101. When you sell used games and consoles, they give you store credit. This credit comes in the form of a receipt with a unique alphanumeric. When the cashier gives you said receipt, he/she is supposed to impart the words of wisdom "DO NOT LOSE THIS." Well, I lost it! Luckily, I was dorky enough to write down said alphanumeric and GameSpot was able to reissue the receipt. Let's see how long it takes before I lose it again.


Anyway, the point of this post was that I went to the mall to get the reissued receipt and ended up going shopping for myself. I ended up buying two pairs of stain, spill and wrinkle resistant pants at the Gap and three shirts over at Express. When I went to the get the receipt reissued, the manager said that he woudl probably call me on Tuesday with the reissue since he has to call corporate and they are closed on the weekend. Turns out, they were open today so he told me to come pick up the receipt. Another trip to the mall, and we all know what that means... more shopping. I hadn't run into J. Crew or Banana Republic since I was in a bit of a rush last night. Ended up buying my second pair of jeans, making that two pairs purchased in the past 8 months, my first pairs in at least 8 years! J. Crew jeans are just about the only ones that fit me even close to well. Jamie and I must have spent at least two hours looking for that first pair. Actually, I think that only J. Crew works for jeans, Gap works for casual pants and Kenneth Cole works for dress pants. Anyway, I ended up spending $50 for an undershirt and two pairs of boxers at Banana Republic. Even I realize that's a waste of money, but they were cute and everyone needs underwear, right? Mmmm, underwear...