« Home | Continued from here.It's been over two months sinc... » | Frogger? No thanks; the graphical update is pret... » | WOXY has been playing a local band, Smoosh, for aw... » | Hey folks, it's been a long time since I rapped at... » | You heard it here first:http://www.engadget.com/bl... » | Oh, what a great history!AT&T is forced by the US ... » | I wouldn't be too surprised if this was uploaded a... » | I'm not terribly proud of it, but I just watched t... » | Don't want to lose this example: using CSS to draw... » | Note to self, Attention to Details sells the same ... »

A bit of a sensationalist title, but Instant Messaging and Trashing Google exposes some very interesting numbers. I have used AIM as my IM client since it overtook ICQ in popularity. If people don't have AIM, I talk to them though email. I've tried MSN, but since my core group of people uses AIM, I have no need for it! The numbers are eye-opening, showing that MSN has the largest userbase by far, 203 million. If I had a userbase of 33 million, I'd feel pretty proud, but AIM has but 16.6% the userbase of the class leader!

Since MSN and Yahoo recently joined forces, does that mean MSN is now a 280 million user juggernaught?